Sunday, June 5, 2011

Re-install Apache and re-configure it to use the existing wordpress

I had uninstalled the previous Apache when playing with the BigBlueButton on my PC. However, as I try to upgrade and enhance my wordpress, I noticed that I need a test web server for me to trial and error any new wordpress plugin. With this, I decided to re-install the Apache Server and notice that there is another a newer version for Windows 7. I tried several attempt due to that the 80 was used by another Apache Server by default. Login to Administrator with you need its permission to stop the 80 service and restart the Apache server. I also chosen the custom install of the apache so that I can change the default apache director to c:\apache. there is a command which allow you to identify which process is holding up the port but later I also found that I can also check this through the task manager.

Upon several attempts, I managed to install and configure the apache. It shown as "It works!" by http:/localhost. the next step is to make the apache server to start up the wordpress page.

No comments:

Post a Comment